- Horse and wagon tours of the park's historic and natural sites
- Blacksmith Shop demonstrations (10am-3pm)
- Thaddeus Stevens Society offering historical interpretation
- The Pennsylvania Forest Heritage and Discovery Center will be open for self-guided tours of the museum
Kings Gap Environmental Education Center - Carlisle
- 3rd Annual "Kings Gap Time Trial" - Saturday (8/31) from 8am-11am; test yourself with a bicycle race up the Kings Gap access road! More information available at: http://www.kingsgaptimetrial.com/index.php/9-uncategorised/94-registration-for-2013-kings-gap-time-trial
- A special feature of "Music on the Mountain," featuring Celtic music - Sunday (9/1) from 4pm-8:30pm.
- The Cameron-Masland Mansion will be open for self-guided tours all day on Sunday!
- Campfire Program: Black Bears in Pennsylvania! Friday evening (8/30) 8pm at the campground amphitheater!
- Introduction to Kayaking! three instructor-led sessions at Fuller Lake on Saturday (8/31) morning (9am, 11am, and 1pm) - call 717-486-7174 to register!
- Traditional Folk Music Concert - Sunday (9/1) at 2pm, hosted by the Appalachian Trail Museum!
- Iron Master's Mansion will be open for self-guided tours throughout the weekend!
- Family Fun Tour – features Paulus Orchards, Field of
Adventure, Boyer’s Orchard & Nursery, Historic Round Barn, Hollabaugh
Saturday (8/30) – 11amSunday (8/31) – noon
Departs from Giant Foods Shopping Lot, Rt. 15 North, Dillsburg
- A-B-C Tour (Arendstville, Buchanan Valley, Carlisle) -
features Pheasant Field B&B, McDannell’s Fruit Farm & Market, the
N.E.W. A’ville Inn, Hauser Winery, Reid’s Home Winery
Saturday (8/30) – 10:30amSunday (8/31) – noon
Departs from Wal-Mart Shopping Center, Carlisle Pike, Carlisle
- Country Life Tour – features the Martin House B&B, Round
Barn (Saturday) or Boyer’s Orchard (Sunday), Oyler’s Organic Farms &
Market, Hauser, Reid’s Winery
Saturday (8/30) – 11 amSunday (8/31) - noon
Departs Fairfield School, Main Street, Fairfield
- Grape to Grain Tour – features Bull Valley B&B, Hauser
(Cashtown), A’Ville Inn (beer samples), Reid’s Winery, Hollabaugh Brothers
Saturday (8/30) – 11 amSunday (8/31) – noon
Departs Biglerville High School, Biglerville
- Around Town Tour – features Mary Penn B&B, Reid’s
Orchard & Winery (Jennie’s House), Hauser (19 Lincoln Square), the Martin
House B&B and (Saturday only) Gettysburg Farmers Market (Good Intent Cider
and Hollabaugh) and (Sunday only) Oyler’s Organic Farms & Market.
Saturday – 10 amSunday – noon